Experience an unforgettable journey through the natural beauty of the Hokianga.
Discover the culture deeply rooted in nature on the remote western side of Northland (Te Tai Tokerau).
Follow the historic trading trail to Hokianga for a guided tour of the sacred Tane Mahuta. (the Lord of the Forest) estimated to be 2,000 years old, his mighty girth is over 13 metres and he stands an impressive 51 metres tall.
Relax in the seaside village of Opononi before exploring the unique Kawiti Glow Worm Caves.
- Follow the historic trading trail
- Meet Tane Mahuta, the largest kauri tree in New Zealand
- Learn the History & Culture of the Region
- Visit Kawiti Glow Worm Caves
Prices: Adult NZ $129.00 Child NZ $64.50 (under 5 yrs go FREE)
Departures: Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday (minimum numbers do apply)
Paihia Maritime Building departs 8:00am returns 4:00pm
Local accommodation pick ups: Complimentary pick up and drop off service from local accommodation must be pre-booked. Pick up time confirmed at the time of booking.
Reporting time: 15 minutes prior to departure.
Durations: Full day approx. 7.5 hours
Refreshments & lunch: Refreshment stops are made for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. All meals at own expense.
Commentary: A full commentary is provided in English by your driver and guides. The Maori language is spoken at key points throughout the journey, with English interpretation provided.
What to bring: Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Walking Shoes, Camera and Warm Clothing.
- Prices stated above are in NZ dollars
- Departures and itineraries are subject to availability and weather conditions
- Children’s fares - 14 years and under
Infants - 5 years and under. No charge applies when not occupying a seat
(this excludes Dolphin Adventures where a child fare applies)
- Entry fees and meals are not included except where stated
- Non-smoking on board Fullers vessels or coaches