It's a Trip You'll Never Forget
Step back in tme and experience the Bay of Islands onboard the unique Tall Ship "R. Tucker Thompson", built by local Northlanders in the tradition of an 18th century working ship.
There is something inspiring about following the footsteps of the Maori and European settlers to the Bay of Islands, while sailing across the waters on a replica of an historic sailing ship.
NB: Antipasto platters are shared amoungst the group. Wine and other beverages are not included in the price and can be purchased from the cash bar.
The ship is operated as a not-for profit charitable trust with proceeds from day sail activities being used to support youth sail training programmes over the New Zealand winter.
Your Full Day Sail Include:
- Morning cream tea with home made scones
- Island stopover
- Delicious lunch on board (vegetarian option available)
- Ferry transfer from Paihia to Russell
- Interactive and fun day out!
Full Day Sail
Prices: Adult NZ $149.00 Child (14 and under) NZ $74.50
Departures: Russell wharf 10:00am daily from November to April
Durations: approx. 6 hours
If you are staying in Paihia, catch the 9:30am ferry from Paihia wharf to Russell (ferry price included).
Refreshments: Morning tea and lunch provided.
What to bring: Sunhat, sunscreen, sunglasses, swimwear, towel, warm clothing and flat walking shoes.
Late Afternoon Sail
Prices: Adult NZ $65.00 Child (12 and under) NZ $32.50
Departures: Russell wharf 04:00 pm on Sunday, Wednesday & Friday.
NB from Boxing Day until 1st week in January, we operate daily.
Durations: approx. 1 hour 50 minutes
If departing from Paihia, catch the 3:30pm passenger Ferry from Paihia Wharf to Russell (ferry price included).
Refreshments: Antipasto platter included in price. Beverages are an additional cost and can be purchased from the cash bar.
- Bring sun block, sun hat, warm clothing in case of cool breeze and cash for licensed bar.
- Please advise if you have any medical condition that might prevent your ability to undertake any particular activity.
Terms and Conditions:
- A booking will not be confirmed until payment is received.
- Bookings may be changed for another day up to 24 hours prior to sailing. Cancellations for bookings less than 8 will be accepted up to 48 hours prior to sailing without penalty. Cancellations for larger groups and whole ship charters will be only accepted 14 working days prior to sailing between October and May. If the above conditions are not met, the R.Tucker Thompson reserves the right to charge up to 50% cancellation fee.
- If for any reason the ship does not sail on the day (due to bad weather or any other reason) then the next alternative day will be offered. If for some reason the alternative day does not suit, all payments will be refunded in full.